just smile :)

just smile :)
all you need is love <3

Thursday, December 1, 2011

killing me slowly....

It's been a trying couple weeks.... The Princess Wong got tonsil infection. It was sent from Hell wrapped up in a marvelous sparkling pink box and a wonderful shiny bow. It was hand delivered by some Hell Hound to my darling toddler, who in her small little hands promptly opened the box and unleashed the vile and nasty demon virus into her tiny body. It started with rosy cheeky and a fever and in less time than I can drink a bottle of wine, was a full blown raging beast!!

So it was a week of hysterical crying, 4 bottles of infant Advil and Tylenol and 3 trips to the Emergency room. Not to mention, 2.5 days off of work (let me tell you how that happy my boss was! Employee of month for shit sure!!) and 3 near hysterical phone calls to my own mother. Even mothers need their mothers, so stop judgin' a sister! I slept on average, 3 hours per night. By Saturday, I was sure Death was sitting at my kitchen table, drinking my coffee and patiently waiting for my heart to stop. I'm not kidding, I saw that guy! Add into the frenzy my slightly rowdy 8 year old who seems to need to be in perpetual motion at all times, and his never ending sports!! MY KIDS ARE KILLING ME SLOWLY!!

And my Asian who conventionally works until 5pm every night. 5pm seems like a decent time to get off right?!? Right, unless you get off at 4pm "ish" then need to pick up the Princess & The Boy Child and rush home to cram food into both of thier faces and have the Boy in hockey gear for 5:30pm. Try tying skates with your very social baby running amok amongst other 8 year old boys. It's a stitch situation waiting to happen. OH! How about when Princess Wong very politely points to the locker room door and saying " Murmmle murmmle murmmle" and the very DUMB parent opens the door! JUST OPENS IT RIGHT UP!! And off goes my baby, looking quite pleased with herself down the hall, with her mother charging behind shouting "Someone grab that baby!!" Like honestly, who in their right mind opens a door for a non verbal infant?? You can't mistake her for a ewok, hobbit or even an elf.... she is clearly a toddler!!

Needless to say, The Wong Palace looks slightly like a small war was fought in every room in my home. We've eaten grilled cheese sandwiches 3 times last week, and I may have ok'ed the eating of chips for breakfast as long as The Boy ate an orange too. I cant recall when I cleaned the main bathroom and I pray that I have no company until next week!!

This week was off to a swimming start! Kids weren't sick! Praise Jesus!! Everyone was (note the was) sleeping through the night AND! we managed to leave the house on time on Monday! YAY WONG's!! (Applause please, it's an amazing feat of greatness!!) Alas, by Monday night I was drinking Neo Citron 2 packs at a time, Josh was coughing and grilled cheese and chips were once again acceptable food choices. Give me strength, not even A Glee Christmas CD was making me smile!! The Princess awoke yesterday with a running nose, and even The Asian is looking for halls!! Kleenex is becoming like gold in this house.

To make matters worse, at 4am this glorious morning I hear " Rustle Rustle Rustle.... Mom? MOM? Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom..... mom?? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! *breath* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" balls!!! Really?! and the "motherly" part of my brain says, Meh she'll go back to sleep.... * 5 minute interlude of WAAAA!!* I relent and get the wonderful cherub faced little gem, only to listen to her babble in my ear for the next 2 hours and try to open my closed eyes, kiss my face and tell me " Hellow Mommy" Believe me, its much cuter at anytime other than 5:15am. And just as my wonderful blessing for the Good Lord Above drifts back into the loving embrace of the Sandman, THE ALARM GOES OFF!!

And I'm up to start another day of greatness, eyes stinging from lack of sleep, a surly attitude and the sudden urge to give my comfortablly sleeping Asian a smack in the temple with a hammer fist!

Live Long and Prosper my friends, here's to a weekend of sleeping!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment